Seriously give me all the elegant cottage weddings complete with two ceremonies, all the loving family members and one heck of a dance party. Michelle and Mike were married at their families cottage in Lakefield Ontario last summer and it was beyond amazing. Some of my favourite moments include:
1. Michelle getting ready with her mom and then walking down to Mike for their first look on the dock overlooking the lake
2. Their intimate signing ceremony
3. Their standing ceremony on the dock overlooking the lake under their chuppah
4. Their cocktail hour full of laughter and so many hugs
5. Their loving speeches and crazy fun dance party
6. That Michelle and Mikes family cottage is one of their favourite places to be together in the entire world
I asked Michelle and Mike a few questions too!
How did you two meet and fall in love? Who said I love you first?
We met on a dating app! Mike says he knew he wanted to marry me after our first date. He said he loved me after about 3 months of dating.
Who proposed? Your favourite details about your engagement story?
Mike proposed in Prince Edward County at the Drake Hotel (actually 2 years ago today!!). We had a gorgeous room and almost the moment we unpacked for the weekend he couldn’t hold it in anymore. The joke is that I never really said yes … just “are you serious?” Over and over again.
What are your top 3 Best Moments during our wedding day and why?
(1) Standing next to Mike at the alter taking in how surreal it felt to be saying I do (2) Mike’s speech (3) Dancing the night away with friends and family
What are your top Favourite Wedding Details?
Our beverage canoe, our string lights, our chuppah overlooking the lake!
What would be a piece of advice for other couples getting married?
Don’t stress the details. As someone who planned their wedding while in the hospital (Worried about whether or not we would have to change the date). This is not about how perfect the flowers are, or whether your caterer shows up late. Its about the celebration of marrying the person you love.
Is there anything else you would like me to know or add?
Mike and I are pregnant with a baby boy coming September!